… but first I’m going to learn to spell. I keep typing in “praire” because apparently I think it looks cooler.
I’ve been mulling this one over for awhile but finally bit the credit card bullet today. I love this race for so many reasons:
- Fall running/racing is my favorite
- It starts and ends in my hometown (yay, staying with Mom & Dad!)
- It’s entirely run on trails and through forest preserves
- It is totally different than the other two major races I’ve done. Chicago Half and Soldier Field 10 Miler, I loved you, but I’m excited to not be running with as many people this time around. On that note,
- It’s small. Half is limited to 1,000 runners and full is limited to 2,000.
- Oh yeah, and there is a full marathon going on at the same time. For some reason I LOVE that and it makes me feel more legit, even if I am doing half the distance they’re doing.
I’m so excited to get back into training and really just happy with the
slightly impulsive choice I made in the Monday morning haze today.