I survived Day 1 of the cleanse! Honestly? I don’t feel any different than I usually do. I have a slight headache, but that’s been going on since Sunday and I think I can attribute it to allergies. I’m wondering how much this cleanse will really effect me, since I’m primarily eliminating yogurt, cereal/oatmeal, cheese and caffeine. As I said in my first post, I’m already a pescetarian so I eat limited fish and no other meats. I also try to stay away from most processed foods, so overall this hasn’t been a huge shift for me yet. I’m curious to see what the rest of the week will bring.
Here are yesterday’s eats and dranks:
- Breakfast: Fruit salad (about a pint of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries) with a banana and Saigon cinnamon, green tea, lots of water
- Morning Snack: Mango, around 11:30 – have also been drinking lots of water all morning
- Lunch: Salad mix (spinach, romaine, carrots, cucumbers, red/yellow peppers, cilantro, green onions) with half an avocado and lime juice, plain La Croix with limes (had about 4 of these – so good and felt super fancy!)
- Afternoon Snacks: Red pepper, black peach tea, water, sparkling water + lime, 2 bananas
- Dinner: Mega Mango (all fruit!) Smoothie from Jamba Juice, half an avocado, about a cup of baby carrots
- Night Snack: Nibbles from my fruit salad
I also went to spinning after work yesterday and it went great! The only thing I noticed being a bit different was I hardly drank any of my water – usually I’m rationing it so it lasts until the end of class. Maybe because I was already really hydrated?
For dinner I enjoyed my smoothie, carrots and avocado at the Brew & View in my neighborhood. The Brew & View shows movies towards the end of their run and only charges $5 for a triple feature! Yesterday’s triple feature was perfect for me Hunger Games, Friends with Kids and Five Year Engagement. I grabbed my smoothie on my way from spinning and went to the movies in my spin clothes – super classy. I ended up watching the second half of Hunger Games, starting right when they get to the arena (I’d already seen it twice) and all of Friends with Kids. It was a great movie and I loved the cast – it starred Adam Scott (love me some Ben Wyatt a la Parks & Rec) and Jennifer Westfeldt (she wrote and directed it too. And she’s been dating Jon Hamm for 15 years.). The rest of the cast was basically a Bridesmaids reunion with the fabulous Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Jon Hamm and Chris O’Dowd. I ran into one of my guy friends at the theater and he ended up watching it with me – he laughed a lot too and so even though it is actually pretty heartfelt, it’s definitely a funny movie for both guys and gals.
I’m currently sipping on some Orange Pekoe tea and enjoying the same breakfast as yesterday. Looking forward to my first Yoga at the Lake class of the season after work!